Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The curse of verbosity

I was reading an interview today--the subject is not important--in which somebody said about web content that one of the most important things is regular updates. So, I was reminded of something I already know: I suck at blogging.

Sure, there are no hard and fast rules about what makes for a good blog, but I think we all do know that when you start posting to your personal blog of random ramblings with a frequency of about once a month or so, there aren't too many people who are going to bother to keep track of what you're saying. What the heck is my problem?

I just have to write things the way that feels comfortable for me, and apparently what feels comfortable is something around two pages long. All in all, that's not a bad amount for a quick read on a daily basis, I think. I'd be glad to follow a blog that had that sort of content; heck, I follow mine regularly!

The real problem is that I fell a bit of stress when times get busy for me. I've been dealing with health issues, work issues, family issues, etc. and it's hard to feel like I've got the time to sit down and put together two pages of coherent thought on a daily basis. It's death to blogging.

In any case, I'm not sure why I'm writing this other than to complain/apologize to any readers who happen through here wondering if I'm ever going to update. Yeah, I got some material in the works, and I'm sure I'll get it up one of these days.

No comments: